Monday, December 04, 2006

This makes me laugh.

I got an email from someone who kind of knows me but not really, and basically it was just all about how awful I am and why they think I'm a pathetic human being. The whole reason why they emailed me is because they found me on Myspace and started reading my blogs...which according to them were "rubbish" and just further proved their theory that I'm worthless and always have been.
I decided to publicly answer three of their gripes, just so they can feel special. Consider it an early Christmas present.


"You've been loafing for twenty years. Isn't that long enough?"

Loafing? First of all, who even says that anymore? And secondly, could you BE more wrong? I was working and making my own money and contributing to my household when I was 13. I missed over 50 days of school my freshman year because there were some days I just couldn't get off work. At one point, I was the only one out of me, my mother and my stepfather that was making any money...and I still feel bad that I didn't always make enough for rent and food. So excuse the crap out of me for not having a job in the past year.

"You would be almost perfect if you had any self esteem"

Obviously, you don't know me at all. Sure, sometimes I get insecure about whatever the crap doesn't look cute about my body at the time, but to say I have no self esteem is pretty far off. I have to be honest with you...I'd have sex with me.
It has been a long road to personal acceptance for me but believe it or not, I got there. I'm happy with who I am, and I'm happy with my life. Sure, there's stuff I want to do with my life still, and I still wanna lose five pounds but hey, I think that's just a girl thing. It has nothing to do with how I feel about myself. I love myself more than anyone else does.

"You try too hard."

I'll give you this one. But I don't do it for the reasons that you think. I'm not desperate, I just haven't shaken the habit. And alright, I DO want people to like me but being nice is way better than being an asshole. What's that saying about honey and vinegar...something about flies? You know what I mean.


Moral of the story:
They're in love with me but they can't find the words to tell me so they're taking their frustration out on the object of their desire (me). Classic case of projection.

1 comment:

Meg said...

yeah. i just don't know what to say about them...they're just not my favorite.

who is this, by the way?
meg = nosy