Friday, December 15, 2006

Meg = doormat? Not really.

Do you ever just wake up and say:
"I'm not going to try so hard anymore"...and not in a bad way?

I think I try too hard to make people like me, and I've always been pretty sure that it either backfires or opens me up to being treated like a doormat. A recent encounter with a fairly new person in my life confirmed it. They seemed to lean more towards treating me like a doormat, and I just snapped. I let them know that in the grand scheme of things they just weren't that important in my life.

It was good to be honest. To admit to myself that I just didn't care as much as I thought I did. Took a huge load off my chest.
So from now on, if people like me and want to treat me as a friend and human being, I can and will reciprocate. If not, I'll treat them like as much of a pile of shit as they do me. Why the hell should I care anyway? I have my own life to live and enough friends to tide me over for the next thousand years.
I don't need to kiss your ass. Anyone's ass, for that matter.

I am really starting to feel the distance between little Meg and grown up Meg.
I like it.

No comments: