Thursday, December 14, 2006

sweet to me

i love you
the way you slide into my vein
the way you're so like candy
or by your other name
the way your smoke slides down my throat
snakes through my brain finding lobes to poke
i love you
the way you're cheap and easy
the way you make me sleep
i can't wake up
just hold me
don't shake me awake
i love you
the way you make me useful
the way you make me rush
how i can finish my day in
an hour fueled by your tender touch
i love you
the way you make me run
the way you make me hide
when you're around
i always sweat out all the fears inside
i love you
the way you make me forget
the way you make me pale
they'll never see me crying
i can forget this hell
because you love me back.

2 comments:

Keely Van Brocklin Emery said...

Meg. Wow.

Keely Van Brocklin Emery said...

Wow is good. Sometimes fabulous. I loved this. :)