Saturday, November 04, 2006

Girls Next Door

As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of like that show. I mean, what's not to like? Three beautiful (albeit dorky) women cavorting around a mansion...usually in costumes. If Hef were a little younger it would be a bi girl's dream show.

Mindless as it may be, it really brings up an important issue for me:
as progressive as I would like to think that I am, I'm not too sure that I could share my man like that. Physically, yeah...I have no problem with that. In fact the occasional tryst with someone else or the occasional threesome probably does more good than it does harm...in conjunction with a few ground rules, etc. Call me crazy but it all sounds pretty fun to me. (says the girl who is currently single. HA!)

However...even if he is acting, Hef really seems to genuinely to be in love all three girls. Sure, he loves one more than the others, but you know. How ok would I be with the one I love loving someone else as well as me? Love is such an important part of who we are, how we see ourselves, how we see other people.

As my idol, W.A. Mozart says:
"Love, love, love...that is the soul of genius"

I think that rings true on many levels.
Art can be better with love behind it. True, lost, or unrequited...love is fuel. I know that it has been for me, as I inch closer to loving myself, loving my friends, loving life. You'll say I have no idea what love is, I'm only twenty...blah blah blah. But I beg to differ. I have seen a house without love, and I have seen a house full of it. There is a difference, a very palpable one, and I can tell.
As far as genius goes, don't we all feel a little smarter, a little more clever when you finally figure
it out and find someone that loves you? (as if you planned the whole thing yourself. pfft!)

Maybe I should just move in with two other girls and an aging magazine editor...to test the theory.

1 comment:

Meg said...

we're super hot, so...anyone will do.

or we could steal bridget from hef. either or.