Monday, October 20, 2008

andrew = the best ever

i had another doctor's appointment this morning, very early.
andrew stayed in the car and took a nap because he had to work later in the day, which was ok with me because he's really hell to be around when he hasn't gotten enough sleep.

anyway,
i was telling my doctor about a fainting spell i had at work sunday night which had me clocking out early and going back to the hospital after having just been there saturday afternoon, when he interrupted me by saying he "thought" that i'd be fine and that he "had no idea" why it happened. per usual, he said this while throwing my chart at me and running towards the door.
i guess since andrew wasn't there to intimidate him he felt no need to even pretend to listen to my problems.
this, of course made me upset. i was able to hold myself together until i got out of the building but as soon as i got into the car i burst into tears.

andrew, who had given up trying to sleep and was laying back listening to NPR, freaked out because he thought something was wrong with the baby. after i told him what happened he went from freaked out to completely pissed off. i asked him if he would go in and talk to the doctor for me, perhaps pursuade him to answer some questions i had, or possibly even get the name of a physician who could take care of my needs in his stead.
he was going to go by himself but i decided to go in just in case the doctor decided to take time and answer the questions i had been dwelling on for a week (the largest concern, oddly enough, was how soon after the birth would i be able to come in and have an IUD put in place). after being very kind and charming with the female nurses that seemed to restrict access to the doctor at all times, he was able to get us an exam room and a one on one meeting with the doc.

i just wonder how he does it. how does he get his way without having to resort to physical violence like i do?
he didn't yell at anyone. he didn't make any threats. he didn't have to pretend to be a badass (i say pretend because really, despite appearances, andrew is a very gentle and amiable person who would only fight as an absolute last resort).
he was just very straightforward and unafraid of displaying his concern for me and his child.

he was a "husband". he was a father.
he was seriously sexy in my opinion, and i feel really lucky that i am stuck with him.


but really...
i think he should have punched that doctor in the nads.

No comments: